17.5.04

Spotlight on: Steve Bacic

Steve Bacic plays Rhade on Andromeda. Both Gaheris and Telemachus Rhade. No, they aren't twins, Telemachus is a descendant of Gaheris's. Anyway, Rhade is Nietzschean (I've seen that word spelled countless different ways, so I've decided to spell it that way). The Nietzscheans are a fierce race of warriors who rebelled against the peace-loving Commonwealth and destroyed it. I'm sure there are doctoral theses out there examining the Nietzschean culture so it shouldn't be too hard for you to look up some info. In fact, I'll probably link to some just to help you out. Rhade is one of my favorite characters. I liked Gaheris for betraying his best friend, Dylan (I'm a sucker for the bad boy) and I like Telemachus because is isn't Gaheris. Although he got all sappy last night falling for that Nietzschean woman, which really wasn't my favorite moment of his. Here's a link to a Steve Bacic fan site.

And the official character description of Telemachus Rhade.

Rhade Quotes from this site:

"A Nietzschean never beats himself up. We're self-absorbed, not masochistic."
- Lt. Cmdr. T. Rhade

Rhade: Insulting a Nietzschean is not healthy for a human's health - especially one so itsy-bitsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home